Erasmus Darwin was a doctor and a published poet, but did you know that he was also an inventor?
If you have visited Erasmus Darwin House you will have seen some of his inventions including his copying machine.
Can you invent a machine to draw pictures, just like Erasmus Darwin did?
Send a drawing of your machine with details of how it works to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title DRAWING COMPETITION for the chance to win a children’s science microscope.the competition if for children aged 7-11 years.
- the closing date is 30 June 2020
- all entries should be sent by email to email@example.com with the title DRAWING COMPETITION or by post to Erasmus Darwin House, Beacon Street, Lichfield. WS13 7AD including the contact details for the parent/guardian.
- entries should include the age of the child and their first name in the email or on the reverse of the drawing.
- the winner will be chosen by the Chairman of Erasmus Darwin House.
- If the museum is still closed in July the prize will be sent by post (UK entries only) or presented to the winner when we reopen.
- all entries will be on display in the museum/facebook once we reopen although no details of the entrant will be given, with the exception of the first name and age.